Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2016

...a little bit crazy?

When telling friends and family about this trip and other adventures that are on my bucket list, I have heard the same reply over and over...'you're crazy'.  To put our adventure into perspective I want to tell you about a few folks we've met along the way and their adventure ride.

Yesterday we met a group of 3 American riders that started in Key West, mile '0', who are riding coast to coast and back in 30 days for their Iron Butt Ultimate Coast to Coast award.

Yesterday we met a Venezuelan rider who is riding around the world, he has been on the road for 6 months.

We met a BMW rider who is riding 18,000 miles from NY to Arctic Ocean to the tip and around Argentina. He will ride 18 different countries.

Jesse from Nebraska, I mentioned him a few posts back riding from NE, to Arctic Ocean to Argentina.

Mike & Mike- riding from PA to Arctic Ocean.  We have not crossed paths with them again.  I thought we would since our routes were the same.

Six Argentinian riders coming back from the Arctic Ocean, all riding new BMW 1200 Adventure bikes, riding back home.

I guess crazy is as crazy does....I feel pretty normal around here...